Psyche is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
- Drink Some Tea and Wind Down: Hot tea has been proven to help with stress and anxiety. Also, it is supposed to improve happiness.
- Wind Down With Some Music or a Book: Just sit up in your bed and chill with a good book, or listen to peaceful music. Or even jamming out to your favorite songs can help you feel better.
- Put Down That Phone: Sure, checking Insta is great, but sometimes taking a break from your phone will make you feel more relaxed.
- Color: I know this sounds crazy, but coloring promotes relaxation! So grab an adult coloring book and some colored pencils and you're set!
- Make Sure You're Getting Enough Sleep: Sometimes when I don't sleep at night I get stressed easily. So make sure that you get at least eight hours of sleep or more if you can. And if you're having trouble sleeping, try eating some oatmeal, or melatonin sleep drinks.
- Go Outside: If you're feeling stressed, go walk the dog. Or if you don't have a dog just go for a walk. Sometimes just playing a little outside can help. The sun is a great source of Vitamin D. This can not only improve your mental health but your physical health.
- Eat: Okay, I know what you're thinking. But some foods have been proven to increase happiness. Including, dark chocolate, eggs, honey, and greek yogurt. If you don't like any of these, don't worry, these are only a few of the foods that make you happy.
- Write in a Journal: Everyday, write two things you're grateful for. This helps you look at positive things rather than negative.
- Take a Bath: Taking a relaxing, warm bath once a week, makes you feel less stressed. Also, throw in the Epsom salts, and lavender. Epsom salts help relieve aches and pains. Lavender is known for its relaxing effects on the body.
- Spend Time with an Animal: Spending time with animals reduces the stress hormone, and stimulates feelings of happiness. If you don't own an animal, volunteer at a shelter.
- Pick Up a New Hobby: Find a hobby that you like to do and that makes you happy. If you find something you like to do, you'll be happier.
- Spend Time Alone: Take some time for yourself. If you're always around people, you really need to take some time and enjoy being alone.
- Do Yoga: Doing Yoga, is proven to calm people down. So if you're ever feeling stressed, sign up for a yoga class.
- Take Care of Yourself: If you maintain good hygiene, and you take care of your body, you'll be more confident and feel better about yourself.
- Surround Yourself with Inspiring Quotes: This could mean decorating your room with inspiring quotes that you'll see everyday. Or you can get one of those inspiring daily apps.
- Surround Yourself with Positive People: You know the saying " Who you hang out with is who you become."? By being friends with positive people, there will be more positive energy in your life than negative.
- Set Goals: By setting goals, you are creating something to work for. Write them down, and figure out what you need to do to reach those goals.
- Smile: Doctors have proven that smiling reduces stress, even if it's fake. Also, smiling makes others happier!
- Eat healthy: Eating healthy can help you feel better, and improve emotional health. So next time, skip the ice cream and go for the fruit!
- Spend Time with Friends and Family: Spending time with the people you love helps boost happiness and reduce stress. And, who doesn't love spending time with family?